Wednesday, August 29, 2007

baby (no baby yet)

In case you're not keeping track, it is now (now!) past Miss Shirley's due date. In 7.5 hours, she's scheduled for an induction. Since this baby is approximately the size of Rhode Island, it could take a while, but by this time tomorrow, we should have a whole new human being walking - no, wait, crawling - no, wait, lying around - the earth with us.

I'm not sure what to call the baby. Little Miss is already taken, so.... Baby Miss? Orlando? (That's an initials-based joke. Might be a little complicated, though, not to mention this unfortunate resonance.) Baby O? Piglet? (Name joke.)

Well, whatever I call her, I bet she's going to be pretty darn cool. Welcome to the world, Piglet!

Piglet. Heh. Ok, ok, Miss S gets veto power, but...any suggestions?

6 comments:

erin*carly said...

heh. i like piglet. Baby Miss really only works until she starts walking. then again, she's not here yet. (or yet?) i hope soon. did this happen with Little Miss?

towwas said...

Little Miss has been able to walk as long as I've known her, so she was always just Little Miss.

MonkeyMom said...

We called the Monkey "Roo" while he was still in da belly...

I like Piglet...although it makes me remember one of the Blogcircle's SO "Pigpen" and calls into question (in my own warped thinking) paternity issues...which might make Mr. Miss use his gun...which would be bad.

towwas said...

Hahah! Good point. But I think we can be fairly sure that Piglet belongs to Mr. Miss and not to Pigpen. (Pigpen, incidentally, is watching Little Miss today while everybody else is in the hospital.)

erin*carly said...

there's a pigpen? my goodness, i'm getting confused as to who is who! (whom?)

towwas said...

Pigpen is G-dog's husband. :)