Wednesday, August 29, 2007

craigslist

I have a search saved for furniture on craigslist in a certain geographic area. The entertaining thing about this is, I keep seeing the same items coming back at lower and lower prices. Take this picture. It was originally $30 or $40, and today it's down to $10. The person posting it has a terrible photo and says nothing in the text that makes you want to buy it. Is it just me, or does this seem like not a very good strategy for selling things?

Another funny craigslist story: when Chatty helped me move my TV stand from my car to my house a month or two ago, she said it looked like the TV stand she used to have. Since it's IKEA, this was not surprising. But then Saturday night at her birthday party we realized the people I'd bought it from (on craigslist) were her former landlords. So it really *was* her TV stand. It's a small, small town.

No comments: