Saturday, March 17, 2007

ski and dance

Once I got myself back to Oslo and stayed at A.De's apartment again, it was time to start the real adventure of the trip: the ski-dance workshop. The workshop is organized by one of the dancers who came for the Christmas show in 2005. K.Bre is a fantastic dancer, probably in her 60s, and she started teaching the guys when they were six and seven years old. A lot of folkdance champions come from her dance group. I don't have a picture of her from Christmas on the blog, because, well, the guys were the big news. But she and the short one were the teachers at the workshop Miss Shirley and I went to last summer in Wisconsin, so here's a picture - she's at the top left in the blue skirt.

But anyway. Most of the participants in the workshop met up Sunday (Feb 25) at the Oslo central train station to ride down to Kongsberg together.

See A.De's fabulous scarf? I made that. :) Two facts about the group: (1) they're all from the U.S., except for a small posse of Canadians; (2) they're all 20 to 30 years older than me, except for this one dude who's in the 30ish range but kind of did his own thing all week. I knew about half of them already from that workshop last summer.

No comments: