Sunday, March 18, 2007

ble fjellstue

The hotel we stayed in was absolutely lovely. It's called Ble Fjellstue and it sits on top of a little bitty mountain outside Kongsberg.


Check out how much snow there was: I took this picture looking out from the dance room. The snow on the ground and the snow hanging off the roof were about to meet in the middle. Actually, if you go to the hotel's website, apparently there was a whole deck thing there that I never even saw, so I guess that snow isn't on the ground - it's on some invisible deck.


From the hotel you could put on skis, ski down the driveway (or, if you're me, pick up your skis, walk down the terrifyingly steep and icy driveway), and ski off on some beautiful groomed trails.


(When we weren't using them, the skis hung out together in front of the hotel.) My skis were the dark blue ones in the middle. We all rented skis for the week.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Just beautiful. I can't think of anything snarky to say!

Joan Lee said...

hi, i am joan, i just visited ur blog by chance , and i really like ur pics:)

towwas said...

Thanks, stranger named Joan!

Sophist, *no* snark? You disappoint me.