Tuesday, February 05, 2008

stupid dilemma of the day

Ok, so I started All Quiet on the Western Front and it's actually going ok. It's not going *fast* - I've read nine pages - but there's hope, and I've learned a lot about the bathroom habits of 19-year-old German soldiers in the First World War.

But today my used copy of Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo arrived from the nice Amazon seller. It's about the adolescent heroin addicts and prostitutes and whatnot who lived in Berlin's Zoo Station in the 70s or something. (Semi-actual facts here.) So it's about, like, sin, and it's set in the city where I'm going to be in three weeks. Do I drop the other book and read this one?

Yeah, I think I do. Ok, time to learn some new vocabulary!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One vote for zoo-hookers!

Unknown said...

And I'm the only vote, so I win all the zoo-hooker delegates! Someone disinfect them first!