Monday, November 13, 2006

j.bro is excellent

J.Bro: he's an excellent guy. How excellent is he?

1. Funny writing style. Evidence. (Ok, most of the evidence for this is in his comments on other people's blogs, so go look for that.)
2. He has a screen career.
3. He gets clothes, and who doesn't love a guy who gets clothes? (Excerpt from the denim blog.)
4. I *love* abandoned theme parks!

Now, the thing about J.Bro is, I don't actually know the guy. Sure, we've shared pizza and enormous freakin potatoes. But other than those two meals, everything I know about him comes from his blog. And perhaps you've heard - people on the internet aren't always who they pretend to be.

How do I know he's what he says he is? Maybe those denim posts are cover for the fact that he actually wears dresses most days. And all that time in "3M North"? Sounds like "meth lab" to me. And..."scrapbooking"? What about "crackbooking"? There are other things that concern me, too: for example, he's clearly insane. (How else do you explain this?)

But whatever. He puts on an excellent show. Keep it up, J.Bro!

UPDATE, 11/14: J.Bro wants comments about how awesome he is, so tell him, ok? Also, inquiring minds (mine included) want to know *how* J.Bro knew that was a bird print.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for me being right! And for me being awesome! I want 10 comments - TEN COMMENTS - about how awesome I am!

Stacey Pelika said...

As someone who has shared classes, employment, and living space with J.Bro, I will attest to his awesomeness.

Annie said...

Yay! So awesome, J. Bro. So awesome.

Annie said...

And way to keep up your end of the bargain, TOWWAS. That was some ode!

Unknown said...

So, on the question of how I knew. Clearly, it was something on a window, since that was in focus and the background was not only out of focus, but distorted. The question is then, what could be on a window that's not only picture-taking-worthy, but blog-worthy? Two options really - a face smudge from a celebrity and the outline of a poorly-guided bird. It looked scenic outside, so I went with the latter.

MonkeyMom said...

I wonder if JBro's own comments count toward the 10-comment awesomeness tally?

Regardless, after reading How The Grinch Stole Christmas to the Monkey every night for a week, my ode de J.Bro comes thoughtfully inspired by our friend Theo Geisel:

J.Bro is awesome
and awesome he is!
Much better by far
than ten-thousand Flufizz.
For Flufizz are fine
(and rather good dancers),
But J.Bro is awesome
because he knows the answers.

towwas said...

I think, in order to count toward the total, the post has to be about J.Bro being awesome. So, a comment by J.Bro that affirms his awesomeness would count, but, say, Sophist's 2nd comment about the awesomeness of my original post, not so much. And this one, definitely not. Which means the count is still at four. Pick up the pace, people!

towwas said...

Oh, actually five. J.Bro's first comment counts, too. Five more! Go!

MonkeyMom said...

I still only count 4...

J.Bro #1
Spice #2
Sophist #3
Me #4

...who's #5?

towwas said...

The 5th was J.Bro's second comment: he described his awesome powers of reasoning. Although I must say, IBYB, your poem comment has pretty much set the bar for awesomeness.

J.Po said...

I'm in on the count. J.Bro is awesome. His fashion sense is uncanny, his taste in music rocks, and his blog is consistently entertaining.

My one issue - HE DE-LINKED ME for a short while. He has shown better judgement in the last 24 hours, however, so my vote for "awesome" stands.

towwas said...

Po, you hadn't blogged since *August*. I created my "Dormant" list for people like you. :)

J.Po said...

Okay okay. I'll stop complaining. The three months I wasn't blogging felt to me like three weeks, if that counts for anything. Blogging is more fun than not blogging, so I think I'm back for good.

Stacey Pelika said...

Another awesome thing about J.Bro - he always picks the prettiest/weirdest foods and beverages. Awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh man - I love this whole post. There should be an entire blog devoted to me, like I'm the rich man's Kevin Federline or something.

towwas said...

Eight down, two to go!

grrrbear said...

J.Bro is just like Kevin Federline. Except with better fashion sense, more musical talent, a way better wife, fewer kids, way more dignity, 150% more brain power, significantly more rhythym, and a much better golf game...

Okay, J.bro actually has nothing in common with K.Fed...which is exactly why he is *awesome*.

towwas said...

Okay, I'll contribute #10. J.Bro is awesome. I always look forward to his comments on my blog posts. Also, he looks like Scott Foley.