Thursday, November 09, 2006

boring

So, my employer came out with a blogging policy a few weeks ago. Among other things, the policy says we're not supposed to blog on company time. Fair enough - I'd kinda figured that, so I actually stopped posting from work a long time ago. But here's the problem: all my amusing thoughts come to me during the day! By the time I sit down at the computer at practically-midnight, I can't remember a single one of the interesting thoughts I had.

Grumble grumble grumble.

Anyway, this is my excuse for being boring lately. How do you like it? Or maybe I just *think* I'm boring. I was rereading my posts of this time last year recently, and they seemed a lot funnier. But maybe that's because we'd all just discovered the make-your-own-South-Park-characters website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! I decided to stop blogging at work...and my blog started dying! I seem to get my good ideas when I'm at work, too. Or maybe it's just that's where I am most bored. Or, most likely, it's just that I am a total procrastinator and will often put off starting a new project until I post a blog entry, balance the checkbook, make some phone calls, reschedule my dentist appointment, buy stamps....you get the picture. I keep waiting for our no blogging policy.... In the meantime, I post quickly and frantically behind closed doors...

Annie said...

If you have a good idea, maybe you can send a quick e-mail to yourself so that you dont' forget to post it when you get home!

towwas said...

Yeah, I often send myself things I think would be amusing to blog about, but by the time I get home and I'm skimming through my incredibly large inbox, the thought never comes back as well as it did the first time.

Also: hey, look, a stranger posted! Hi!