Tuesday, October 17, 2006

M.F.G.A.M.

I'm out here for a few days of work at the institution I like to call "My First Graduate Alma Mater." (MFGAM.) I suppose I could call it "Spice's and My First Graduate Alma Mater" (SAMFGAM) but at some point the acronyms just get silly. This is a very scenic school. So scenic that busloads of Asian tourists are dropped off daily to take pictures of it:


I sang many choir concerts in that church, including my first ever choir-concert solo! It was four words - "Silent night, holy night" - and it got me my own biographical paragraph in the program.

Another exciting feature of MFGAM: truffula trees.


And this is unrelated to MFGAM, except that it's in the next town over and I discovered it while I was in grad school. It's the best sandwich in the world. You doubt me? Well, you are wrong.

It's chicken with spinach and peppers and some kind of delectable sauce thing. Made of all-organic ingredients, and grilled, and did I mention delicious? Delicious. Mmmm. I went back today and had another one. It's that good.

1 comment:

J.Po said...

That's a good lookin sandwich!