Monday, October 16, 2006

pumpkin

Yesterday afternoon, the Po, the Jig, and I went to a pumpkin carving party. We brought experimental beverages: pumpkin ale, high-end root beer, and some kind of green tea/cola combination (but not Cricket Cola - another one).


J.Po disembowels her pumpkin:


My finished work of art, wearing a slightly disconcerted expression and a hat (or maybe it's a tiara):

Carving pumpkins: it's so satisfying. But here's my thing about California. The weather is so annoying. People coming from out of state often make The California Mistake: they think, oh, it's California, and they only bring shorts and t-shirts, and then they totally freeze. Because it's cold here. I mean, it doesn't snow or anything, but this weekend it was mostly in the 60s and overcast, which is not exactly summery.

You can deal with those people, though. I mean, they're tourists, sell em a sweatshirt. The problem is, people who *live* here make the California mistake, too! They fail to adequately insulate their houses! And they have parties outdoors in October, when it's in the 40s at night!

2 comments:

MonkeyMom said...

Will you be around this weekend? Maybe we should gather Miss S, Little Miss, JChu, whoever and do some pumpkin carving on Saturday...

Fun!!

towwas said...

Ooh I love pumpkin carving! I have a rehearsal until 12:30 and I think I might be having people over at six but otherwise, yes!