Sunday, October 15, 2006

coast


From top left, clockwise: J.Po, who is going through a non-blogging patch, Jiggity, and moi. I have work here Monday and Tuesday, so I flew out Friday and am spending the weekend chilling with the Po and the Jig. [See past blogger feet pictures here and here.]

Today, after a french-toast-n-bacon brunch that couldn't be beat, we hopped in the rental car and headed over the hills to Santa Cruz - first a wine tasting here, at which we were videorecorded for a show on Discovery about organic and "biodynamic" wines, whatever that is. Much more excitingly, we tasted their raspberry dessert wine, "Framboise," which is served in dark chocolate cups. Mmmmmm.

We packed in a lot of action after the winery - a visit to a eucalyptus grove where monarch butterflies have just started arriving to spend the winter, a wander along the boardwalk, a stop to say hello to the sea lions, a seafood dinner, some cookies, and a new pair of shoes for me (dangerous shoe impulse buy! but they were so cute! and on sale! and sooo cuuuute!).

It made me feel like a good guest, because I was actually able to plan a day o' fun instead of just being like, hi, I'm here, entertain me! Also, I don't think I've gotten anybody sick this time. All this perhaps makes up for the fact that I underestimated the time it would take to get home and almost made Jiggity late for his hockey game. Oops.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from down under in New Zealand. I was searching the blog world when your blog popped up. Interesting reading !!! The crafty post has given me ideas.
Ok, fine, I do like blogging.
Click on my name to see my blogsssss but don't get lost !!!

Coloradan said...

I am so jealous right now. You were just rubbing my face in it with that mention of the framboise, weren't you? Ouch.

Annie said...

Hey are you still here!?!?!? I just got back from a conference & need to say hello if you're still here!!

grrrbear said...

Glad to hear you were able to stay healthy! The next time you're in Chicago I promise we'll have just as much fun as you did out west. We're not a city of pox and plague, honest.

towwas said...

Hey! Sophist! I am still here! Send me e-mail - my evenings are pretty open.

Unknown said...

What the hell is wrong with California's grass? That ain't like no grass I ever seen.