Thursday, January 05, 2006

yay itunes

The iTunes music store finally came through for me with the Feel Good Inc. video. I love this song, and I *love* this video. My favorite part is this beautiful image of a windmill on an island, floating in the sky, through the clouds.

It's lovely in its own right, but it also makes me feel smart, because it's a reference to the castle in Castle in the Sky, one of Hayao Miyazaki's awesome animated movies. (He's the guy who did Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.) About half the video is pretty puffy clouds and about half is grimy interiors. It's pretty awesome. I highly recommend this as a way to spend $1.99. And for those who read my Kanye West rant, they do *not* bleep the word "asscrack" in this video.

P.S. to L.Tall - you thought crème brûlée was impressive? Check out the name of that Miyazaki movie in Japanese: 天空の城ラピュタ.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome video, but the Japanese characters were a total disaster! (unless I need some sort of character add-on, in which case, I retract)

MonkeyMom said...

Ok, getting a little shout out in a blog makes me feel rather famous. Woohoo!

I dunno, J.Bro...I could see characters...sadly, my Japanese isn't advanced enough (or existent enough) to know whether or not they were good characters or not... :)

towwas said...

Here's the secret ingredient in my special letters: Google.

Cheryl said...

I love this song! I jammed to this all during tech week on my MP3 player, it's my current favorite.