Thursday, December 22, 2005

no, really, I'm over them

I promise, this will be my last post about the Norwegians. I just wanted to share the lyrics of the song the men sang at the cast party. It's to the tune of "Goder Morgon," a Swedish Santa Lucia song the women sang in the show.

Tom and Sigbjørn, Tom and Sigbjørn, all the women love you.
We all become unseen when you come into view.
Tom and Sigbjørn, Tom and Sigbjørn, it is really not fair -
We mere men cannot fly like you through the air.
[instrumental interlude]
Ooh-la-la-la, ooh-la-la-la, oh, the women all say
You're all they can talk of when you are away!
Ooh-la-la-la, ooh-la-la-la, now they're starting to drool,
It's really no secret what they want for their Yule.

(Visual aid, above: the boys listening to this very song, which the men did quite a nice job with, I must say, considering they'd never sung it and most got the music right before they had to perform.)

4 comments:

Tunnies said...

you know, i nearly pissed myself they did such a good job on that song. it couldn't have been more dead on. i'm hoping the guys were able to understand it. supid language barriers. but was there really anything else we talked about for about 2 weeks other than them? well, maybe food. i was hungry a lot. sadly i don't know if i feel sorry for the guys in the show. :)

Cheryl said...

i don't feel bad for them at all. if there were hot girl dancers we would have been chopped liver too.

Christine said...

Hello person who commented on my lj. Do you do the revels every year? I had never gone until this year and loved it. Yes, even more than my Chipotle.
~teeny

towwas said...

Beef-cakey, eh, Basso? I'll see what I can do. Do we need to note here that Basso is a happily-married, heterosexual grandfather of...uh...at least two?