Wednesday, September 28, 2005

microscope room

I'm sitting in a cold, windowless microscope room in a university in North Carolina. At least it's not dark - it was dark all morning, and it's going to be dark most of the afternoon. The cool thing is, I'm actually watching a real, live scientist get data. Data! Awesome! I think I missed the most exciting data moment yesterday afternoon, when I went back to my hotel room for a nap before an evening meeting. But I'd already fallen asleep twice, so I thought it was time for me to lie down in a bed.

Why so much falling asleep? Well, I hadn't slept enough the night before, because my hotel room had cable! and I got to watch the Daily Show! and the scientist gets to work at 6 a.m.! Also, reporting like this totally stresses me out - meeting new people, listening to them talk for hours, all that stuff. Plus I just fall asleep a lot. Maybe I have narcolepsy.

Anyway, despite all this sleeping, things are going well. I'll have some pictures to post when I get back, but not many, because my dad's camera stopped working this morning. Oopsy. When I turn it on, the screen is all black except for "A90" in white. What is it trying to tell me?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your A89 is too full.*












*No - it probably isn't. But what do I know.

grrrbear said...

I think it's trying to play Bingo with you. Maybe it's lonely.

towwas said...

Ok, so I can't post the pictures for three to five weeks, because the camera store had to send the camera off to be fixed, and I can't load the pictures up without the camera. I know, you're heartbroken.

Cheryl said...

Not Bingo, Bango. It's all the rage among the electronic media set.