Sunday, September 25, 2005

ny to nc

Tomorrow night I'm off to North Carolina for two days to do the reporting for a freelance piece. I'm pretty psyched about the piece, but to-o-o-o-o-tally nervous, too - it's a profile, and I just find them terrifying. It's so hard to meet someone and feel like you have to turn their life into some kind of narrative. I've talked to the subject a couple of times on the phone, but I know she's skittish about press.

You'll probably hear a lot more about it between now and January 31st, when the manuscript is due.

And never fear: I'll have my dad's camera along. I probably won't take *quite* as many pictures as I took in New York (about 200 - those who are about to see them on Flickr, beware), but I'll try to get some.

2 comments:

grrrbear said...

She'll warm up to you once you're actually face-to-face. You'll win her over with your charm, I'm sure.

Provided that you don't call her "the subject" during the interview, of course.

towwas said...

ooooh, good tip.