Thursday, September 29, 2005

back at work

Well, after all that adventure, I'm back at work. Right now I'm procrastinating on my insomnia story. Yes, that's right - right this very moment. This post is the fruit of my procrastination.

Today I had lunch with G-dog and we talked about hair-braiding. We're both Norwegians in this Christmas show, so we have to braid our hair and pin it up - it'll be under a head scarf thing, but the braids will give it the right shape. The hair/hat lady told us we'll probably have to help the teens, because apparently kids these days don't braid their hair anymore? Is that true?

I taught myself some excellent hair-braiding skills in AP English, my senior year of high school. I don't remember if the teacher ever told me to cut it out. It kept me awake, anyway.

5 comments:

grrrbear said...

One wonders if braiding is truly dead among the kiddies these days, and whether our kids will look at pictures of people in braids the way we looked at our parent's pictures of people in beehives...

Unknown said...

Maybe it was my boyhood crush on Pippi Longstocking, but I get a little weak-kneed for long, parallel braids.

grrrbear said...

TOWWAS,

Ran across this earlier today:

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourjapanesesubculturequiz/

Totally thought of you, but didn't understand it *at all*. Thought I'd share.

towwas said...

qNice. I was a high school girl.

Cheryl said...

My neice asked me to braid her hair when I last visited, and she is 6.

I have mixed feelings about adult women in braids or ponytails, and adult women wearing Hello Kitty. If you wear a cartoon character and you are over 25 it should probably be saying something rude.