Thursday, July 28, 2005

sometimes I love my job

This afternoon I did the most fascinating interview. It was with this guy who's got this super controversial new theory that could totally overturn his field. Seriously, it would pull the foundation out from decades of research. I don't know if he's right or not - that's for other scientists to figure out. But he has a couple of years of experimental data and a lot of opinions.

If he is right, the implications are just WILD. I mean, crazy. His theory would change how we think about a procedure that is done daily, in hospitals around the world, without a second thought. I mean, it saves lives, no doubt. I probably know people who have been saved by this. I'm sure I do, yeah. But golly, it could have huge unintended consequences.

2 comments:

J.Po said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, but let me know when the article comes out!

towwas said...

If you go to my publication's website, search for my name, then sort by date, it's the most recent thing in there right now. I'm not writing the bigger article until the guy has more proof.