Thursday, July 28, 2005

another reason comes to mind

The post below raises another reason not to blog: I don't want to scoop myself. I am SO excited about the idea I just posted about. And yet I don't want to explain it to the online world. I know nobody who could scoop me reads this. (Unless you've started a freelance career in your freetime, Miss Shirley?) But still.

It's kind of dumb in this case, because this guy's latest news is all over the world today, and anyone who interviewed him probably got the same earful about all the implications and is working late tonight trying to put together the bigger story. But still.

My science writer buddy in Brazil (this is his newspaper) was writing the same story today. It was fun IMing with him about it while he crashed on deadline and I was having a long, leisurely chat with the researcher.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

yes. you are in grave danger of my budding freelance career taking over your writing of cool sciencey things. then some cool sciencey editor will read my cool sciencey article and I will become famous and have my own column and get very, very rich!! or maybe I'll just have another sprite and finish the Washingtonienne...that is a lot less work. so, you are safe for now...

towwas said...

phew! close one!