Sunday, October 05, 2008

four square

You know how a while ago my work wasn't going that well? I thought it was getting better, but then it got worse. I know you were waiting with bated breath for my next installment of Chicago pictures, but, well, you're just going to have to wait a bit longer while I freak out.

This week I finally started exercising, in a very small way - after-work walks with friends. Today Chatty and I took a walk that included the playground of my elementary school! We came at it from another direction and I didn't realize where we were until we were halfway across the field. I hadn't been there since June 1987.


Still the same four square court, although it's probably been repainted in the last 21 years. Wasn't four square the best game? Now I kind of want to buy a red playground ball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last week, we saw some 20-somethings playing 4-square in the parking lot of the grocery store at 10 PM at night. I think 4-square would be a better game to revive for fitness than dodgeball. Less confrontational, but still competitive.

erin*carly said...

i don't remember four square. but i do think we had the squares at my school, too.