Thursday, June 12, 2008

rocking awesome concert awesomeness


That's Mike Mills singing "(Don't Go Back To) Rockville." I think they're contractually obligated to do that every time they sing around here. (Excellent essay on the genesis of Rockville and the nature of memory and truth and whatnot.)

Setlist.

My review: Awesome. This was definitely the best of the three times I've seen them (Minneapolis 1995, around here in 2003). I had the best seats of the three times, and the crowd was super energetic and fun, other than the loser guys next to Spice who kept leaving and coming back while we were getting our dance on.

2 comments:

J.Po said...

YAY!!! They were awesome, weren't they???? The concert I saw was the best I've seen too. I think they've really hit their groove this tour. So exciting!

Lucky you with the Rockville!

Walt said...

This was my third time seeing the guys in the D.C. area and the first I heard them play Rockville. I kept my fingers crossed and am glad Mike sang it (I even love the hiccup they had during it). What a great show!