Sunday, March 30, 2008

die BVG wird bestreikt

When I got back to Berlin, everything was all good for a day. Then everything went on strike. Ok, not everything. But the buses, the trams, and one of the two subway systems stopped running. One subway system, the one that doesn't have as many stops, was still going, so I was still able to get to most of the places I wanted to go, but still - annoying. Especially considering how much my darn feet hurt. (The day I left, I read in a newspaper at the airport that the other subway line was going on strike the next day.)

Apparently this happens fairly often. They even had these cute little bags ready to hang on bus stops and tell you there's no service:

1 comment:

erin*carly said...

i can't imagine what would happen if Metro went on strike. what a mess. did the Germans handle it well?