Wednesday, January 09, 2008

art

I went to the National Gallery on Sunday to catch the last day of the Turner exhibit and dropped in on the Hopper, too, which is closing in a few weeks. I had to wait in line about 20 minutes for the Turner, but that was ok because it gave me time to read the brochure. Here's the last bit of the line, in one of the nice garden courts in the National Gallery's west building:


I wasn't really that big on most of the Turners, but the paintings of the Houses of Parliament going up in flames were pretty cool. After lunch, I wandered over to the east wing:


...where the Hopper was. That show was really lovely, but so insanely crowded that I got kind of claustrophobic and had to rush through the last few rooms. I'd love to go back on a weekday before it closes - his paintings are way cool in person.

No comments: