Thursday, January 10, 2008

Check, please!

The Süddeutsche Zeitung has an American slang quiz on its website - you can play little sound clips of a guy who kind of sounds like a muppet saying the phrases, then pick the closest meaning in German. They range from "just blow it off" (modern slang, yes) to "let's talk turkey" (have you ever actually heard someone say that?).

Pick the right answer and it says: "Awesome! Ihre Antwort ist richtig!" My ego is too delicate for me to risk my score by finding out what it says if you answer wrong.


Ha! The last phrase includes a word you can't print in a family newspaper! Now if only someone would create a *German* slang quiz for me....

2 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

There was quite a bit (like, maybe 3-4 minutes?) of spoken German in tonight's 30 Rock - and I think you can watch it online...

towwas said...

Ooh! Thanks for the tip!