Several people have asked if I miss my parents (or vice versa) since I moved out. The short answer is no. But also, let me list the communications yesterday evening:
1. My mom called to ask me about dinner tonight with Molly B's mom. (Molly B.)
2. I called my mom to suggest restaurants.
3. I called my mom to ask how to make that thing with the yellow squash and the onions.
4. My dad called to ask... I don’t even remember. Something about the car.
Here’s how to make the thing with the yellow squash and the onions:
1. Slice the onion into big rounds. Not that much onion, like, maybe half a small onion. I used about four slices of a giant onion.
2. Saute the onion in a bit of olive oil.
3. Slice the yellow squash into 1/2-inch rounds
4. Add the yellow squash to the onion with some salt and pepper; cover and let it sit on low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Take the top off, stir every now and then while the squash turns limp, the onions caramelize, and some of the liquid evaporates. Maybe another 10 minutes.
6. Enjoy. Tasty, isn't it?