Thursday, May 03, 2007

international travel

When I got back from Brazil last year, I felt kind of jumpy, because I had no further international travel lined up. This year when I got back from Norway, I didn't really have that feeling. I think I figured that, given the precedent of the last several years, I'd come up with something, and hey, if not, I can always go back to Norway.

Today I heard from old family friends (the friends my dad and I visited in Mali in 2005) that they're moving this summer to Namibia. People, they have *lions* there. And giraffes and zebras and flamingos. As I have said before, if you live in an exotic location, you cannot go around blithely issuing invitations to members of the towwas family, because we *will* show up on your doorstep.

Watch this space for photographs featuring specks that I swear are big game.

1 comment:

grrrbear said...

Ooo, exciting! Remember that post on my blog from last week - if a big cat turns it's back to you run away or you'll smell like popcorn for the rest of the day