Friday, May 18, 2007

brain block

I have the dumbest mental block on one thing: I can't make it to meetings. At my former employer, I would occasionally walk by the conference room, notice that all the people in there were in my section, and suddenly realize, that is the freaking health meeting that happens EVERY WEEK at the same time. I thought (why?) that the magical aura of my new employer would fix this, but no –Wednesday morning, I got here at 9, checked my e-mail, surfed the science news of the day, and remembered at 10:10 the WEEKLY MEETING that happens at 9:30 on Wednesdays. Argh.

For future weekly meetings, I have set my Palm pilot to beep and am asking other people in my section to stop by my office on their way to the meetings. But, seriously, as an adult, I feel like I should be able to get myself to my own appointments.

Any other tips?

2 comments:

grrrbear said...

I have the same problem, and I find that my Palm Pilot is a life saver in that respect. It's also good to use Outlook as a desk-based reminder just in case you leave the PP at home.

Alternatively, schedule all meetings in your office, that way you never have to remember anymore - the meetings come to you!

towwas said...

Ooooh, my office, I like that. Not sure the folks at my employer would be totally on board with that plan, though.

I don't know if we have Outlook (we're on macs), but maybe I could get Lotus (boo, hiss) to do the same for me.