Friday, November 17, 2006

beta?

As you may recall, my original switch to Blogger Beta was a complete disaster. My blog disappeared for about two weeks. So you can see how I might be a little wary about switching over again. But now Blogger is really pushing the switch, to the point where you have to look hard for the "no thanks I don't want to switch right now" link before it lets you log in.

So. Has anyone done it? How did it go? Do you like the new version?

My main concern is, since it links up your Blogger account and your Google account, that it will decide my gmail display name, [myfirstname], should be all over my blog and/or profile. Aaaaand, you see, I'm happy being "towwas." Anyone know if you can tell it not to do that?

3 comments:

Annie said...

I've been wary because of your experience, although I've been curious...

Anonymous said...

I drank the coolaid a few days ago. It was uneventful. And I'm still Coloradan, as far as I can tell...

grrrbear said...

I'm also waiting until the last possible moment before making the switch. Largely for the same reasons you called out and thereofre I don't need to enumerate.

They can take my blogger alpha when they take it from my cold dead hands!