Thursday, September 14, 2006

teenagers

Another hilarious thing from rehearsal: there was this one teenage boy from last year who always had this very amusing hairstyle, and I thought it was just him being, yknow, a self-expressing theater teenager. But last night suddenly there was a new kid with the exact same hairstyle.

I pointed this out to Miss Shirley - and she told me that's what teenage boys are doing with their hair these days! It's truly, completely hilarious. It's a little like this (thank you, internet):

Like this kid's hair, it involves a lot of...well, a lot of many things. A lot of hair, for starters. A lot of brushing forward. A lot of product. But the flipping up at the ends is much more pronounced, making a fuzzy, swoopy fringe all the way around the head. It looks like the worst hat hair ever.

I guess this isn't news to those of you who teach youngsters in college. But it was news to me. I wonder what their mothers think the first time they appear with their hair like that?

No comments: