Sunday, August 13, 2006

vacation Q&A

Q: So, TOWWAS, how was Chicago?
A: Well, Grrrbear's couch is real comfortable.
Q: And...?
A: Oh, and I spent a few hours wandering around Oak Park, looking at Frank Lloyd Wright houses.
Q: AND?? Weren't you there for three days? Don't they have, like, museums and tall buildings and stuff in Chicago?
A: Right, but it turns out if you are SICK, these things aren't quite as appealing.
Q: Ah.
A: Thus the couch.

So, my great Midwestern vacation was marred somewhat by the fact that I caught a cold. I wasn't, like, deathly ill, but I was definitely too sick to enjoy any museums or anything. And - augh, the guilt - Grrrbear took Wednesday off work so he could show me around, but instead we ate brunch, then he spent the rest of the day feeding me Airborne (or some generic version), blogging, and watching Comedy Central. Fortunately, I was healthy enough to enjoy some mighty tasty food and reread the last Harry Potter book.

When I moved on to Michigan, I spent the first night on my brother's floor so as to spare A.Vo my germs - then she came home from daycare the next day with a runny nose, which made me happy I hadn't been around and thus clearly couldn't be blamed. So I moved to the .Vo household and had a very relaxing weekend. Pictures will follow.

UPDATE, 8/14: Grrrbear got my cold. I am officially the worst guest ever.

No comments: