Wednesday, July 19, 2006

weekend

Well, it's official: I'm a folkdance nerd. Miss Shirley and I are off, in approximately eight hours (ouch - early flight) to a weekend Norwegian dance workshop in Wisconsin. We'll see some of you tomorrow for brunch, then it's off to the wilderness outside of Dodgeville for a weekend of blisters and dancing with cute boys. More of the latter than the former, I hope. Ok, more than anything, there'll be dancing with old men and with women who've gotten sick of the gender imbalance and learned how to lead, but that's ok. It'll be good times.

And, with a little luck, Miss S and I will manage once again to be the cool girls. Really, it's not hard to be the cool girls in a folkdance setting; avoid floral knit dresses, be 20 years younger than the median, and you're all set. I'm still 30 and have just packed many cute swirly skirts, so I think I'm good.

3 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Ah, I didn't realize Miss Shirley was the person coming with you! So that's five of us in one place - woo! We'll have to take a photo that keeps us anonymous - maybe our fingers or something.

towwas said...

Or our feet! I love feet. See you soon!

MonkeyMom said...

Drat. I'm going to have to get into Norwegian Folk Dancing...I'm missing all the fun blogger meetups!

Hope you guys are having a blast!!! :)