Wednesday, July 26, 2006

monkeys

So you know all that drama about the Hawaii U2 concert - it was cancelled, but I went to Hawaii with Kay Ray and J.Chu anyway, but we still had the concert tickets in case we could go to the later show. Well, they rescheduled the show for Dec. 9, when I can't go. I think Kay Ray or someone will take the tickets, but look what Ticketmaster, ever so helpfully, tells me - today - about getting a refund, in the same message where they tell me the new date:
Your tickets must be received in our office no later THURSDAY JULY 27, 2006 by 5:00PM ES/DT. Ticketmaster is not responsible for tickets that are lost, stolen, or never received in our office. Please note, the $3.50 per order processing fee and any ticketFast or UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.
Right - so they want them Thursday afternoon at five. Which means I would have had to fedex them today. But they only sent the message today. And my tickets were at home. And I was at work.

It's final proof: Ticketmaster is run by monkeys.

UPDATE, 8/3: This week they sent another message that, in addition to getting the name of the stadium right (it's Aloha, not Aloho), also gave a few more weeks to refund the tickets. I'm still hoping Kay Ray takes 'em.

2 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

That sucks! But then, Ticketmaster sucks!

MonkeyMom said...

...or, as it's known in the hood, Ticketbastard.