Saturday, July 08, 2006

baseball

Here's a picture from Friday night's Nats game. They only lost by one point, so it wasn't *too* bad. I went with people from work, and we discovered (when he appeared next to us) that another dude from work has a part-time job selling beer and peanuts and whatnot in the aisles!

We're having this freakishly perfect weather this weekend - it was sunny and breezy and 80 degrees with very low humidity on Friday, and it's supposed to stay that way all weekend. This is so not normal for D.C. in July!

UPDATE, 7/10: G-dog tells me it should be "they only lost by one run" - not point. I think my ignorance about sports is what makes me so charming. Wouldn't you agree?

7 comments:

Tunnies said...

i thought you were a regular ball game watcher, but then you said the Nats lost by one point. Its not a point, its a RUN! :) I think my father would have shot me if I had said that. Luckily, you are not my father's daughter. :)

towwas said...

I'm really, really not a regular ball game watcher. I am proud to display my ignorance in this most excellent forum.

Stacey Pelika said...

What, no post yet on the Zidane head butt and the amazing resemblance between the Italian goalie and '80s actor Armand Assante? (Okay, that last one is probably only something I noticed...)

towwas said...

I haven't seen the end of the final yet!!! I only saw the first half before I had to run off to a Norwegian dance workshop. (Which was so. much. fun.)

grrrbear said...

Fun, yes - but was there head butting?

Stacey Pelika said...

I must also admit that I find Zizou kind of hot, despite the head-butting. TOWWAS, you have to watch the end of the game so we can talk soccer!

(I can't believe I just wrote that!)

towwas said...

And I can't believe that my blog is now the go-to place to talk about soccer - even when I haven't posted about it! Well, I'll watch it this week sometime.