Saturday, April 15, 2006

passport

I just filled out the form to renew my passport. It's definitely time - my old passport expires one year from today, and some countries won't let you enter if your passport is about to expire. It's also time because I've used all the visa pages. (I'm very proud of this.)

But here's the scary part: now I have to mail it off, so I'll be passport-free for however long it takes them to renew it. What if [my publication] wants to send me to South Africa? Or what if U2 reschedules their concerts for next month and I want to go see them in Japan? I'll be screwed, that's what.

It's been a good passport to me. From the Norwegian residence permit (oppholdstillatelse) I got in 1997 to the $100 Brazilian visa that took up my last free page, it's got a pretty cool collection of stamps and stickers. So, see ya later, little guy, and here's hoping the next one ends up just as full of ink.

3 comments:

Annie said...

aw, that's sad. Bye-bye passport! They must have changed the rules because my dad got to keep most of his old passports, all of which are chock full of stamps and cool stuff.

MonkeyMom said...

They sent my old (empty) one back with the new one...only with a hole punched in it. My guess is that you'll get it back in the mail. A handy rememberance in case blogger blows up. :)

towwas said...

Yeah, they still send them back. But then I'll have to start over with an empty one - much less interesting. Although it will have a pretty hilarious picture of me - see my flickr.