Friday, March 10, 2006

questions

1. It is a beautiful day. Seventy-five degrees and sunny. Is this it? Has global warming now ensured that spring will come in the second week of March?

2. Why is my hair so curly? It's been like this for a while now, but I feel like I used to have straight hair. Or wavy, at the most. This morning my mom asked if my hair does that naturally. My mom! I mean, she should know what my hair is like, right? (You'd think she would also know that I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to make my hair do this.)

5 comments:

grrrbear said...

Well, you could always do what i did and just shave your own head.

That reduces the proportion of conversations about hair to overall conversation to almost zero.

Of course, it also makes an always funny joke when I mention how humid weather like this makes my hair all frizzy.

towwas said...

Don't you think if I shaved my head, *all* of my conversations would be about hair? I mean, seriously. At least for a while.

J.Po said...

Global warming - YES. Our weather has been practically tropical this year and, contrary to popular belief, the bay area IS NOT tropical.

Unknown said...

1. Contrary to popular belief, global warming will actually make it colder - so cold, in fact, that Jake Gyllenhall and Emmy Rossum become trapped in a library.

2. My wife just found out this winter that her hair is curly if her hairstylist thins it enough - apparently it's too heavy to be curly when it's unthinned, so she never noticed.

towwas said...

Ohhhh! Now that, J.Bro, is interesting. Because it seems to have stopped now, but for a while there my hair was falling out pretty energetically. Maybe that's it.