Sunday, December 11, 2005

saturday is a long, long day

Two performances in one day - we are superstars! Rawr! I didn't have any friends at the matinee, but a lot of my people were at the evening show - my parents, Martin, Tall L, Beaker, and D.Gri were all there, some with parties. Both shows went really nicely.

Of course there is one element of the show I will never get tired of: the Norwegian dancers. Their dance is just amazing. I've seen it five times and I will see it five more times and it won't be enough. I mean, you've seen the pictures. You know these boys are cute. Now imagine them on stage, in national costume, doing a dance from the 12th century that is all about men showing off how strong and flexible they are. I mean, holy cow. This dance has had nine centuries to refine the art of making women swoon. During tonight's show the short one totally flirted with both me and at least one other cast member, on opposite sides of the stage, *during* his crazy acrobatic dance. Oh yeah. It was hot.

Tonight at the after-show drinking, the tall one told us that he can't say if we're the best Revels, but due to our large contingent of young folks, we're definitely the Revels with the best boobs. So, yknow, I guess we'll take whatever compliments we can get. (We are totally the best Revels, though.)

I have to learn Silent Night in Norwegian by Wednesday. Help! (Or Hjelp!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that's quite the...interesting compliment!

Have you had press reviews of the show? Do they like it?

towwas said...

No review yet - we're hoping the Post will review it, but they're stretched pretty thin during the holidays. If they do review it, I predict the review will say something like, 'lots of fun, good for kids, amateurish at times.' At least, that's what it said last year.

You have the right to remain silent, use it! said...

"one other cast member"? Didn’t that used to say “Mrs. S”? I didn’t know you were an editor too. :) It’s ok…He was flirting with me yesterday.

towwas said...

yep - flirting is kind of his thing.