Sunday, December 04, 2005

descent into hell week

My life belongs to this show for the next two weeks. This afternoon we did a full run, with everyone except for the dancing Norwegian men. I think they're arriving on Wednesday. We already have the Russian musicians and our nice Norwegian lady dancer.

We all did pretty well today. Miss S didn't burst into hysterical tears when people were sympathetic, G-dog didn't smack people who pissed her off, and I didn't develop a massive tension headache. But it's going to be a long week - we have to be at the theater every night at five to get into costumes and makeup for rehearsal. We open Friday night, then we have eight performances over two weekends. Whew. Good thing I love this show.

5 comments:

OleNelson said...

Dancing Norweigan men. Hee. I am of Norsk descent as well, and I will say that this phrase sounds as natural as "tasty Norweigan lutefisk."

towwas said...

Heh. They do the Halling - it's this cra-a-azy dance where men compete to kick a hat off a pole. I think the hat ends up like 10 feet off the ground. It's pretty impressive.

Annie said...

Hey, cool, the Halling. Grieg wrote a lyric piece based on the Halling (jaunty little number!) but I never knew what it actually was.

Annie said...

Holy moly, I'm glad you linked to the website. That looks like one heckuva show! The Kalevala? An INTERACTIVE retelling of Three Billy Goats Gruff? Dancing Norwegian Men and Dancing/Singing Science writers??? Sounds like a good time. Have fun!

towwas said...

It's an incredibly good time. The interactive part of Three Billy Goats Gruff goes like this: put your hands in the air and wave them back and forth as you yell "TRIT TROT TRIT TROT!" That's the sound the goats make as they cross the bridge.