Thursday, August 25, 2005

writing

I have to write my story, and I can't concentrate. I mean, I was concentrating really well this morning, and I actually got some writing done, and now it's gone. Cmon, some of you people have written dissertations. How do you do it? How do you concentrate? I usually find this one Coldplay album works, but my copy at work has a skip in "Clocks" and it drives me crazy. This morning a Kings' Singers album was working for me, but it stopped. Now I'm trying the Polyphonic Spree. I'm already wearing comfortable clothes and drinking tea.

7 comments:

towwas said...

Actually, the Polyphonic Spree did it. Go figure.

Unknown said...

If you hadn't already solved your problem, I was going to suggest drinking coffee until your eyes can't focus. That always works for me.

towwas said...

Which would be nicely ironic, for a story about insomnia. (Hint no. 1 for insomniacs, from my first paragraph: lay off the caffeine.)

Unknown said...

Hee.

grrrbear said...

Drinking lots of booze always helped me focus when I was younger. trouble was I would never be focused on what I wanted to focus on, but rather "that thing over there" or "the flashy light" or "ooo! Fire trucks!".

towwas said...

I finished a draft before I left last night. And I was only here until 6:30 - pretty decent. Of course, the draft totally sucks, but that's why it's called a "draft."

J.Po said...

Try Radiohead's KidA. It FORCES concentration upon me. Really.