Wednesday, August 24, 2005

checking account

Well, my little car is currently getting about $800 of de-gunking, new-spark-plugging, new-wiper-blading, oil-changing, and other such activities. Yeah, the wiper blades probably didn't have a lot to do with it dying the other day, but they definitely needed replacing. This all may or may not fix the problem. But it beats the heck out of buying a new car. When I dropped the car off last night, it was at 99,987. Almost there! The only sad thing is, it has a digital display on the odometer instead of little numbers that tick over, so there will be no big dramatic turning. Just a blink and it's 100,000. Maybe I'll take a camera along the next time I drive anyway.

Spice, didn't I take a picture of your odometer once at a very high number? I can't remember when or where - I just remember taking the picture.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I seem to remember that my brother took a picture of our old family car at 123,456. Or maybe he just talked about it. But that would be a cool number!

Stacey Pelika said...

Was that when I signed up for the Toyota 120,000 mile club with my old car? The Tercel? That was probably it... My more recently old car made it to about 132,000. Sigh.

I'm officially a car-share member now, though. Woo!

towwas said...

I think it was the Tercel, yeah. Car-share, way to go! I'm too far from the closest pick-up places to do it. Well, I suppose I could share the other car in my driveway, but that would be a big pain in my behind.

towwas said...

When I drove my car back from the dealer, I got it up to 99,999. Now it's sitting in the driveway waiting for me to get my camera ready.