Friday, August 12, 2005

mwah! mwah!

Thanks to you, my dears, my Netflix queue now has 66 movies in it. Well, okay, that's also thanks to my obsessive hours spent clicking around Netflix. I will never watch them all. But it occurred to me that I should share a few of my own recommendations, as you have been so generous with yours:

My Neighbor Totoro (well, there's this forest spirit? and these little black things? and - oh, just rent it.)
The Iron Giant (by the guy who did The Incredibles)
Grave of the Fireflies (most depressing movie ever)
Philadelphia Story (C.K. Dexter Haaaaaaven!)
Sunset Blvd. (I'm ready for my closeup)
Love Actually (I have watched this movie an embarrassing number of times.)
Lost in Translation (Moa intenshiti)
Elling (Two Norwegian dudes get out of a mental institution and have to figure out life)
School of Rock (So.Funny.)

2 comments:

Annie said...

Wasn't "Grave of the Fireflies" an absolutely amazing movie? I cried when the little girl made onigiri out of dirt and gave them to her brother.

I was surprised to see the DVD at Target Greatland on Lexington Ave in St. Paul for $9.99. Go Target for stocking unusual movies!

towwas said...

Whoa, go Target indeed! I cried a lot during that movie.