Friday, August 12, 2005

gack

I have to make a phone call and this is the last way I could think of to procrastinate. I e-mailed a scientist a week and a half ago and had convinced myself she was never going to write back, so I didn't have to actually ever talk to her or do the article about her. But she wrote back this afternoon, so now I have to call her, orchestrate a friendly chat, and decide whether she sounds interesting enough to profile. Argh. It'll be fine, I'm sure, but the anticipation is deadly.

5 comments:

J.Po said...

So ... was she interesting?

Annie said...

Just imagine her pipetting phenol in her underwear, and then she won't seem so intimidating.

towwas said...

She was *totally* interesting. I am psyched for this story. I'll let you guys know when it comes out. Sophist, it concerns what I imagine to be one of your favorite topics, not that I know you or anything.

Um, and thanks for the phenol tip. I think.

Annie said...

Hee, I'm super duper excited to read the article! Not that I know you either. But I know J. Po and Spice, that counts, right?...

towwas said...

Heh. Don't hold your breath - I'm predicting a 6-month lag at the least, plus now I'm not sure the editor is going to okay it. It's got potential to be a great story, but there's one element that makes the magazine (which is not my employer - this is freelance) nervous.