Thursday, January 15, 2009

up to the minute...or not

Whoa. I just went 10 days without blogging. This may be the beginning of the end for this blog. But now I will point out something stupid that bugs me. Maybe that will revive the blogging juices.

I've mentioned that I like those google ads that appear across the top of the gmail screen. Sometimes you can find fun stuff. But then every now and then you get a sponsored link like this:
Cruise Ship Sinks www.washingtonpost.com - Cruise Ship Sinks Off Antarctica. Get Up to the Minute News Now!
Remember that cruise ship that sank off Antarctica? More than a year ago? That's what the link goes to. A news story dated November 24, 2007. Uhhhh...great work, washingtonpost.com. Way to be up-to-the-minute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's ridiculous, but I'm guessing you had some gmail with the keyword "cruise" in it or some such, and then the Great Google Algorithm found a news story it thought was related to your mail.

Coloradan said...

Don't blame the victim here, Brian!

I hope you don't desert your public, TOWWAS. As it is my custom Google page of friends' RSS blog feeds is a barren wasteland of blogs that might get updated every few months, and you.