Thursday, December 04, 2008

things I don't miss

Today one of my former colleagues called me to ask a question about how to do one of my least favorite tasks from my former job - the thing that would have me rewriting like fifty million times with increasing levels of misery. When he told me what he was calling about, I laughed at him and told him he was making me very happy. (I think he swore a little.) Considering how much success I had at that particular task, I may have been the wrong person to ask.

Everyone I talk to, from the guy at my HMO who explained what happens in the gap between my regular employer-paid health coverage ending and COBRA kicking in, to the dancer who's here from Quebec for the Christmas show and happened to ask me about work, is like, whoa, it is not normal to be that happy about getting laid off.

No comments: