Friday, October 24, 2008

whew

This has been a big week, my friends. I stayed home sick three days. (And only worked a few hours on the other two days.) I finished knitting one project, started another, and went shopping for yarn three times. Or was it four? S.Ball, She Gre, Chatty, Ogram, and my parents came over at various times to keep me company.

Finally, yesterday I wrote a polite, reasonable 1250-word e-mail to the person who I think has primary responsibility for my misery of the last four months explaining exactly how I have been feeling and exactly what behavior and actions by that person have led to my feeling this way. So far, response to the e-mail (from that person and the next person up the management chain) has been good.

This is no fun, people, and I don't know where it's going to lead. But I feel super tough and awesome for actually standing up to the meanie. Rawr. And today I got my appetite back. I hadn't seen it in a while.

3 comments:

erin*carly said...

go you! i know how hard it is to write about feelings (whether they be nice or not so nice) to the person causing them, and it's not easy. i'm glad you did it, and i'm even more glad the response has been good. fingers crossed things get better here on out.

oh, and hi, appetite. i hope you treat it to some of your favorite yummy foods.

Talentedhands said...

Awww. You've been sick, too. Hang in there.

towwas said...

The sickness is not coincidental. My body is pretty clear about telling me when it's not going to put up with a situation anymore. Could be worse, I guess - I knew someone in college whose body's way of telling her to slow down was to make her black out and fall over.