Saturday, August 09, 2008

netflix tv thing

How bout that netflix player box thing? It's 100 bucks to buy the box, then as long as you have a Netflix subscription with unlimited discs (like the three-at-a-time plan I have) you can watch their "watch it now" stuff on your TV. I'm kind of tempted - hey, it's cheaper than cable - but I think my internet might not be fast enough.

The obvious solution is that someone else should get one and then let me borrow it and try it on my TV. Sound good? Who's on board?

2 comments:

Annie said...

hmmm, they have an OK but not great selection of "watch it now" on netflix. Have you looked carefully at their offerings and figured out if you would like to watch that stuff? They do have a lot of documentaries on it...

towwas said...

Good point. Of the 191 movies in my queue, 22 are available...lots of documentary, lots of foreign, lots of classics. Some sitcoms. Doctor Who. Yeah...probably not enough. Maybe they'll increase the offerings?