Tuesday, April 15, 2008

ok, I guess I'm done

Look, it's my flight back home:


KLM is my new favorite airline for overseas flight. It has the best in-flight entertainment ever: your very own little screen with games, language tutorials (I learned and then immediately forgot some basic Arabic), and probably 100 movies on demand. Over the two long flights, I watched Singin' in the Rain, Juno, parts of Ratatouille and the last Harry Potter movie, and a couple of episodes of Frasier. It was great.

So, that was my vacation. Frankly, it was a lot of intellectual and emotional work. For my next trip, I would like to lie on a beach and have someone bring me fruity drinks. Kay Ray is looking for vacation ideas for the fall and I think she should go to, like, Cancun and take me with her. (Although that may be a dumb idea, what with the whole hurricane season thing.) (Also, I think Cancun would make me crazy in about two days.) (Ooh, but there's Mayan ruins...and cave diving....)

1 comment:

erin*carly said...

i think your vacation sounded perfect for you. and hey, you got to study and use a fun language!

when i ran my vacation idea of doing the week-long photography workshop in colorado past my parents last year, they said, "ooh, what a great idea! it's a perfect vacation for you . . . you'd get bored and sunburnt in a day if you went somewhere tropical or on a cruise." so true.

if you manage to find a non-boring tropical place with adventures *and* time to do nothing, let me know. not that i'm ever going to have enough vacation to do anything, but still. it's nice to have options.