Sunday, April 27, 2008

eating

Saturday night I cooked dinner for the first time since getting home from Germany. I've eaten plenty of dinners at home - frozen pizza, peanut butter, popcorn (it's a whole grain! back off!), perhaps some canned soup. But Saturday I finally settled down and made some spaghetti sauce. And it was taaaaasty. And healthy.

My problem is the same problem as always: I'm overscheduled. Since coming back, I've had something almost every night of the week and most weekends, too, so I end up grabbing dinner on the way to something, and getting home too late, and having no interest in cooking just to make lunches. I even ran out of peanut butter a few weeks ago. I had planned to get to the co-op last Sunday to catch up on the basics, and instead I got sick and really, food was the last thing I wanted to think about.

But now my fridge and freezer are stocked with little lunch-sized glass containers of rotini with tasty homemade sauce (heavy on the rosemary, 'cause someone brought a shopping bag of it to work recently). And tonight I made rice pudding (mmmm) so I can take dessert, too! Yay!

No comments: