Thursday, February 21, 2008

geez, am I that evil?

They're predicting nasty weather tonight, which means this afternoon we were all hoping for Friday to be a snow day and wrapping up the week's work accordingly. I'm going out of town for two weeks, so I *really* need to get everything wrapped up. I needed to send e-mails to two factcheckers - to write a list of sources for each story, plus forward a bunch of e-mails and documents people had sent me. So what happened? The e-mail system died a little before four. It was totally down for over an hour, then incredibly, painfully slow for another hour and a half.

After that, I came home to pack for the aforementioned two weeks away. There aren't many things I need in order to pack, but one of them is light. And what happened? The power went out. Twice.

Now the e-mails have been sent and the bags are packed, but I'd just like to apologize to the infrastructure gods for whatever I did to them.

No comments: