Tuesday, November 20, 2007

tmz

Today I had a profoundly weird experience: reading about someone I know on TMZ. Ok, not someone I know well. I hadn't heard from her in a couple of years. In fact, the last time I heard from her was when she e-mailed me a photo of herself with her then-fiance and now-apparently-ex-fiance. She was on TMZ for trying to destroy his garden. (He asked for a restraining order. I suspect this is an overreaction, but what do I know.)

This gave me the very strange experience of catching up with her through google, which led me to her wedding, which is on youtube. Weird. I suppose we could take from this the lesson that one should not get involved with celebrities, even those of the D-list and below, because the next thing you know, the incredibly dumb things you do with weedkiller will be on celebrity blogs and The Smoking Gun.

In a strange synergy of blog topics, Stimpera did some research for this guy's TV show when we were in college.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I assumed you had all kinds of celebrity friends, what with your high-falutin' lifestyle in the big city n all, but I had no idea how celebritatery they were!