Tuesday, April 10, 2007

more norway

Betcha thought the interminable Norway blogging was over. Well, HA. You were WRONG. So we were in Kongsberg for the winter market, which includes a craft fair at a museum where I bought a giant pink wool cardigan that was so expensive, I basically have to wear it every day for the rest of my life to make it worthwhile. Fortunately, the weather in D.C. has been cooperating (it snowed on Saturday), but this could be uncomfortable in August. There's also a bunch of outdoor vendors selling things, like this impressive array of sausage (it includes moose):

...and people dragging their kids around in sleds...

...and rides like this one, which featured the most bored-looking man I have ever seen. It's his job to watch the little train go around...and around...and around....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is that sled being pulled...on cement? Is the snow located that haphazardly, or has Norway not yet discovered the wheel? You know what? I don't remember seeing a single wheeled vehicle in any of the photos you posted! There may have been mention of a bus, but I seem to recall that was a rocket-powered ski-bus.