Saturday, March 31, 2007

cute little building

Doesn't this look like a little elf house or something?

It's actually the sauna. If you use it at night, as we did, the door goes into a little pitch-black changing room, and then there's another door into an only-slightly-less-pitch-black (thanks to the wood stove) very hot room. Actually, one time when I went in, it was only a kinda-warm room, so I got to add wood and turn it into a much-warmer-but-still-not-hot-enough-to-count-as-a-sauna room. Oh well. It was still fun playing with the fire.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Eeeeeek, I did a "Norwegian sauna" in Northern Minnesota in the winter once (near Ely). It entailed sitting in a sauna until we were boiling, and then running out and jumping in a hole that had been cut in a lake, and then coming back out. All naked, except for our feet, where we wore socks - otherwise our feet would have frozen to the ground.

Love the picture.

towwas said...

Yeah, some people went out and jumped in the snow, and I was like, right, that's ok, I'll skip it. I thought it was just Finns who jumped into frozen lakes.