Wednesday, January 10, 2007

sick day

This is one of those times when it is really excellent to live at home: a sick day. I woke up in the morning feeling kinda sick. Not, like, deathly ill, but too sick to go to work. In the real world, I would lie around watching TV and eating cup-a-soups. Today, I did lie around watching TV, including eight episodes of Scrubs season 2 - I should really give J.Chu her DVDs back - but not only did my mom buy me a big jug o' ruby red grapefruit juice ("it has a lot of vitamin C"), she also made me deeelicious turkey noodle soup. From scratch, of course, as if she made soup any other way. And it was TASTY.

5 comments:

MonkeyMom said...

Ok, homemade turkey noodle soup sounds so incredibly good... I think I need to come have a sick day at your house.

erin*carly said...

aww, sorry you're not feelin' well. hopefully today's a better day!

and yea, you're quite lucky to have mom around for days like that. nothing's worse than laying around your apartment all sick and alone, and all you want is your mom (or dad) to come and take care of you . . . and they live 4 hours away.

thankfully i had 80+ people to help me feel better when i was sick during the show. not quite mom, but close enough.

towwas said...

Yeah, I highly recommend my house as the place to be when you're sick.

grrrbear said...

Actually, isn't *my* house the place to be when you're sick?

towwas said...

Oop. I mean, my house *OR* Grrrbear's house. Of the two options, yours definitely has better TV.